Translate

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Cask of Amantillado

Updates on The Cask of Amantillado. The piece is nearly finished. I still have to age and deteriorate and make more macabre details, but the essence is in place. If you have never read the short story by Edgar Allen Poe, I highly recommend it! Click here for the text. It's a very short story.

"THE thousand injuries of Fortunato I had borne as I best could, but when he ventured upon insult, I vowed revenge." 





The figures were made by Sherry Colvin


I had my friend Ella Kiefhaber make the coat of arms




10 comments:

  1. Not only have I read it, but I have taught it on a high school level. One of my favorites of Poe's works! This depiction is haunting!
    It is never revealed what he was exactly upset about. Will you give a clue? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! It is a perfect story for imagery.

      I must demure on the reason for his anger at Fortunato. He left us little clue, but I think that adds to the appeal and mystery of the story.

      Delete
  2. Miniatures and Edgar Allan Poe...two of my favorite things! For years I've wanted to make a mini library inspired by "The Raven"...but I really should finish the Craftsman house first.

    Well done, Eric. Even without the finishing touches, it's a fitting tribute to Poe's story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Raven, I have been thinking of that too! It would be a fine piece. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Erik,
    Another masterpiece! your finishes are superb!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steinwork, thank you!

    Giac, hugs to you too! I am going to check your progress on your masterpiece as well.

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Erik,

    Terrific work. I love the sense of drama you are able to create in your lighting. There is such a dramatic energy to your work. It's a joy to see your projects.

    Thank you!
    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brad , thank you. I appreciate your kind comments!

      Delete
  7. Un trabajo fabuloso, me encanta.
    Un abrazo.
    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete