Translate

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Aspen

This is "Aspen" in its mostly-finished state. It's a two-story townhouse featuring a sweeping roofline that accentuates the view out the large windows. It is facing Colorado mountains, so you'd need a lot of glass to take them all in. 

The structure is built in 1:12 scale.






Ambient lighting on the upper floor and recessed lighting on the lower level highlight the floating fireplace, LED chandilier, and simple lines of this modern house. 







All lighting is user-controlled by remote control, with multiple channels for various lighting modes.







A pool outside the lower level window and a small garden plot to the side.






Rusted panels of the rear exterior walls.









Aspen was featured in Miniature Collector's "Chicago International" coverage, August 2014 edition. 

11 comments:

  1. what a great house, congrats on being featured :) ..Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Erik,
    Aspen is just beautiful. The remote control lighting is a great feature and the rooms are just great!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Eric it is absolutely lovely! I really like those recessed lights! I am scheduled to take an electrifying class soon. Can I be this good? We can only hope! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very beautiful house, I like the idea of the remote control lighting!
    Congrats on being featured!
    Kind regards, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous house. I love how open it is =0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments. It is nearly finished. I'll post some more photos when it's done. The show coverage issue means just one picture... not that big of deal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Please explain in detail more how the lighting works. It is superb, Erik!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Explain lighting in detail! Oy vey. That could take while. Maybe I'll take the time to plot it out sometime.... thanks for the compliment!

      Delete
  8. I want to live here.... :-( But I can't. It's too small. Or I'm too big.
    Love the lighting idea and love the floating fireplace. Brilliant element! Show coverage just one pic will be tough to chose. All the rooms are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Pavluv. I wouldn't mind living there myself!

    ReplyDelete